Last week’s achievements
* Sent round 2 art feedback for Astrid and round 3 for Autumn
* Added and tested ~260 more fashion effects
* Simplified mechanics of status effects (“real” status effects, e.g. Poisoned, Paralyzed, Asleep, Bound)
* Began prototyping status and equipment menus
The status and equipment menus.
Celty has the most playable time and screen time of any character and she’s finally done!
* Finish layouts of the prototype status menu and equipment menu
* Send in art requirements for character portraits
At last the fashion effects foundation is virtually finished. The exact Style bonuses the effects give are subject to change if I find they need to be rebalanced, of course, but since at least the structure is in place, that’s a minor and easy adjustment. (Think of it like painting the door of a house versus building an entire house.) Over 300 fashion effects to check for and so far I’m not crashing the framework, which is amazing in and of itself. =)
I’ve gotten rolling with the menus. They seem like a simple thing on paper and I figured I’d plow through them. In a way, I was right; implementation isn’t difficult. The fine-tuning to maximize space and not look crowded nor empty, though, is the kind of stuff perfectionists could dwell on forever. Aiming to cut it off after at most a week!