Usually I talk games here, but special circumstances demand I take time to comment on another topic: the just-concluded-yesterday finale of season 4 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, the most surprising and creative season yet!
Last week’s achievements
* Various fixes to menus
* Various fixes to equipment
* Corrected Style stat formula
* I now know how to put in any of the following types of abilities: single-hit multi-target, multi-hit single-target, multi status effect, multi-hit plus single status effect, and multi-hit plus multi status effect
* Send in art feedback for everything
* Begin implementing a variety of (normal) enemy stats and test a range of different attacks against them for balance
It didn’t occur to me until this week, but so far I’ve been conducting all my damage formula testing with playable characters and bosses. While boss fights will be Dreamblazers‘ centerpieces, I’m also aiming for interesting normal enemies. With only a few exceptions like Pokémon and Final Fantasy VI, I can almost always accurately judge how much I’ll enjoy an RPG by how much I enjoy its normal encounters.
So normal encounters are the focus this week! This is what I’ve been aiming for since the beginning, in fact. I underestimated how many things I’d need or want to do as foundations leading up to it, but now we’re here and a fun week lies ahead.