Last week’s achievements
* Finished creating early-game moves used by the original player party…
* …then rebalanced nearly all of them after testing
* Rebalanced damage formulas
* Rebalanced damage of nearly all enemy moves after testing
* Rebalanced a few enemies’ stats
Balancing and testing enemies and enemy groups.
* Send in art feedback for at least 60% of everything that came in (a large batch arrived on Sunday night, so I didn’t finish it)
* Implement dodge rate formula and add hit rates to all existing attacks
* Test a range of player party attacks against various early-game enemy groups and vice versa
I probably should have known this after three and a half years of relying on Scald burns in Pokémon, but comparatively speaking, 30% is a very high chance when it represents the odds of your most brokenly powerful monsters using their most brokenly powerful attacks.
This week is all about nerfing without neutering. So far I’ve largely been taking the powerhouse attacks down several pegs while elevating the weaker attacks to compensate, making monsters more consistently threatening but holding back from letting them one-shot party members. The other key will be adding the dodging formula since Celty is an artful dodger who needs her core ability added.